FRANCISCAN ROSARY OR CROWN 2
Franciscan Brothers Version
Saint Francis “overflowed with an unspeakable love to the Mother of the Lord Jesus, for having made the Lord of majesty our brother and having mercy of us. Most of all on her, after Christ, he put all his trust and that is why he made her his lawyer and of his brothers. He fasted in her honor with great devotion, from the feast of the apostles Peter and Paul until the feast of the Assumption.” (Saint Bonaventure, Major Legend, 9:3).
V/ O Mary Conceived without Sin
R/ Pray for us who have recourse to Thee
+By the sign of the Holy Cross, +From our enemies, +Deliver us Lord God.
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Prayed the same as a traditional rosary, Our
Father, 10 Hail Mary’s, and one Glory Be, but they are 7 not 5.
1. The Incarnation of the Son of God.
2. The Visitation of Mary to her cousin Elizabeth.
3. The Birth of Jesus in Bethlehem.
4. The Announcement from the angel to the shepherds.
5. The Adoration of the Magi.
6. The Presentation of the Child Jesus in the Temple.
7. The Child Jesus is lost and found in the Temple.
1. Jesus prays in the Grove of Olives.
2. Jesus is arrested and Judas’ treason.
3. Peter’s denial.
4. The Scourging of the Lord.
5. The Crowning with thorns.
6. Jesus carries the Cross.
7. The Death of Jesus in the Cross.
1. The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan.
2. The Wedding at Cana.
3. The Proclamation by Jesus and the Call to Conversion.
4. The Announcement of the Passion to his disciples.
5. The Transfiguration of the Lord.
6. The Washing of the Feet.
7. The Institution of the Eucharist in the Last Supper.
1. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
2. Jesus resurrected appears to his disciples.
3. The Ascension of the Lord into heaven.
4. Mary prays with the apostles.
5. The Coming of the Holy Spirit.
6. The Assumption of Mary in body and soul into heaven.
7. The Coronation of Mary as Queen of everything created.
Final Prayers (four prayers)
Beads 1) and 2): Two Hail Mary’s in Honor of the 72 years that, according to tradition, the Virgin lived on earth.
3) Salute to the Blessed Virgin Mary
Hail, Lady, holy Queen, holy Mother of God, Mary Virgin made Church, and elected by the Holy Father of Heaven, consecrated by Him with his holy beloved Son, and the Holy Spirit the Paraclete, in which was and is all the fullness of grace, and all good being.
Hail, palace of God;
Hail, tabernacle of God;
Hail, of God.
Hail, garment of God.
Hail, servant of God;
Hail, mother of God,
Hail, also you, holy virtues, that by the grace and illumination of the Holy Spirit are infused in the hearts of the faithful, to make them from unfaithful, to faithful to God.
4) O God, that in the glorious resurrection of your Son, you have given back joy to the entire world, grant us that by the intercession of the Virgin Mary way may enjoy the endless joys of eternal life. By Christ our Lord, Amen.
Our thanks to Joan Jordi Escriva D.
This page belongs to Catholic Prayers and Devotions website.
Always visit the Cover page, there is always something new.